Humor


Yesterday my husband and I had an argument, we usually get a little mouthy after a couple margaritas. He was frustrated with me for not knowing what is going on in the world.
My lack of interest in politics and current affairs as well as the brutal ways people are hurting each other, makes him crazy. I agreed with him and admitted to doing this on purpose. Focusing on the hurtful things people are doing out there in the world doesn’t feel good to me. I intentionally do not watch news or read articles of this type, I scroll through the heated opinions quickly on social media not engaging on purpose.
I hone in on the many occurrences of love and kindness that are occurring all the time. This is how I stay uplifted my self, then do what I can to share it with others.
Here’s what I understand.
·       We cannot feel bad enough about anything to make it change.

·      Focusing in on negativity will bring more of it.

·      The only real difference we can make in the world is to clean up our own act Now, and do our best to share love with those around us in our immediate world, our families, friends, co- workers, even the drivers on our streets. Send love instead of frustration.

·      Practice being kind all the time especially to those who make you crazy.

·      Everything is a mirror, what we see outside of ourselves really has to do with what’s going on inside of us.



My husband makes me crazy, I adore him and am so grateful for him and he absolutely knows how to push my buttons, (Here’s where the humor comes in) . As were having this conversation that cannot end well, and I’m getting more and more frustrated with him allowing my self to get all worked up. He insults me by calling me his “co pilot.”
WTH? For those of you who know me you know I am not a “co Pilot.” In fact in real life I am an actual Commercial Helicopter pilot and fly as PIC, (pilot in command.)
This was a tremendous blow to my ego.
My retort was, “what ever you’re fucking retarded”
(I know, so very Buddhist of me).
In the middle of the night I receive a text from him it states

“If everything is a mirror then maybe I’m the co pilot and you’re the retard”

This was brilliant!
I burst into laughter at the absurdity of it all and then of course had to  text back.

“ Hello this is your retarded captain speaking fasten your seat belts were going for a ride”

Humor is Gods Band-Aid.
Laughing about the stupid little things rather than taking them personally is the only way to go.

My wish for you today is to infuse your day with humor. Let the little things roll off your back and laugh at the absurdity of it all.
Its just life folks. 
Make it amazing!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain