Messy mind


 Messy mind~

What we see in others is only possible because it is present in us.

“You spot it you got it,” a fun phrase I picked up from Colin Tipping’s book Radical forgiveness.

Or how about the old saying when your pointing fingers you have 4 pointing back at you.


This is huge. Being able to spot the bits and pieces of our personality that need work, by examining the way we judge and condemn others.


I have always been fascinated with the mind and the connection to soul and body. The mind is a marvelous conundrum full of interesting perceptions. It is not to be trusted. Truth is a matter of perspective, everything can be twisted by the mind.


My understanding of this concept “you spot it you got it” has put me in a curious place of investigation. I look at what I am judging about other people and then turn it inward. I Find the puzzle pieces of my fractured view and then understand what it is in me that needs some work.


What I have come to over the years is I do this naturally all the time before I even have conversations with others. I do this so that when I open my mouth I can speak from a place of authenticity. I do this for my own personal growth.

I do this because my number one value in life is loving-kindness.

What would our world look like if we all could pause before we speak, act, react. How would our relationships with others benefit if we choose to be intentional with our words. What would happen if instead of another person before us we saw a huge mirror that could penetrate our soul. What would happen if we all chose to do our own personal investigation.


My hope for any of you reading this;

Take a moment to be kind, share love, choose your words wisely and most of all know that none of us is right, not one of us on this planet has a clue what were doing. We are all here to experience the fullness of being in a physical form and its going to be messy and challenging and also fun.

Have fun, be gentle with yourself and others, after all this is it. We don’t get a “do over” and when our life is finished this version of us will cease to be.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain