Feel fear move anyway





Insight
What a crazy world of emotion and illusion and projection I live.
Let me explain. Years ago as a young person filled with excitement and wonder I left my family of origin and decided to give life a go. I wanted to test my self, see what I was capable of. I didn’t have a plan just desire to make my life great. I moved to a snowy college town got three jobs and enrolled in school. As life became difficult I started to doubt my self. My excitement became less and less as the workload became harder and harder. I did what most young ladies do when they have no real experience with their own empowerment, I asked for help. I started to believe that I couldn’t do it on my own and I needed to be saved.
Damsel in distress! My favorite hero was, and still is, superman. I needed a Superman to rescue me.
Sure enough on cue he did.
I met my husband and I was saved, we were no longer individuals but a couple and two minds are way better than one. He was full of ideas and ambition. We lived a life of creating and excitement.

Fast forward many years the young girl who never learned to do things for herself was still trapped inside this couple. She was just distracted with the life of the couple and the world around it. Eventually all things come full circle. The desire to test the waters, to take on the world, to create great things, to be empowered and offer beauty and love to life.
These desires were hidden deep inside, like a smoldering campfire with red-hot coals burning beneath the surface. The winds of change were blowing on the embers and the only choice was to ignite.

Standing alone on the edge of the unknown I realize I have been desiring this for quite some time. I get to pick up where I left off, I get to rescue my self this time. I get to stare into the mouth of the dragon and breathe my own fire.

The emotion that has been present is simply fear masking itself as many other things. It’s amazing how fear can cause a story that is crippling. Fear has a way of infecting the mind into believing it is less than and incapable. Fear convinces us to hide our true potential to give up before we start, to believe we will never be good enough.
What is the solution?
Feel fear and move anyway…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain