Hindsite

Imagining my life in hindsight.
Seeing from the view of an elderly woman looking back at a life well lived. I imagine how I will feel when it’s all over. I imagine how full my heart will feel from all the love shared and all the time spent. I imagine my children and grandchildren in their happy lives living fully and loving completely. I see many memories of trips and walks I see dinners and movies, holidays, birthdays, weddings and deaths. I imagine business ventures that paid off. I see vacations to exotic places. I imagine a multitude of friends and extended family. I see parties and get-togethers.  I hear laughter. I feel open hearts. I feel gratitude for clarity and memory. I imagine putting on music and dancing my healthy old body around preparing my self for the transition into the otherworld. I feel complete knowing that I cherished my moments and the people in them. I feel full knowing that my love and wisdom touched many and they are now better for it. I have a sweet satisfied smile on my face knowing that I lived every day through my heart connected to spirit.
"Surrender" I tell myself, "let go", this world has lived you and has breathed you, has moved you and brought you delight. Now it is time to have a new adventure. I imagine the feeling of slipping out of my body like unzipping a beautiful evening gown and stepping out.

Looking from this perspective I feel gratitude. I realize that living with love and joy is the most important element of a life well lived. The physical has no real meaning only the relationships the friendships the people.

Keeping this in mind my day will move from a future memory to the present of cherishing all of those around me. Sharing love and kindness is all that matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain