passing the baton

I eagerly sit in my clean house, candles lit, music soft.
Skin still a little wet, my bathrobe cozy, hair pulled up in a messy bun.
In 10 minutes Im expecting my first in home Massage, the therapist is a young girl who recently finished her massage school. I know she cant ask for money but Im planning on paying her anyway.
I have to giggle as i feel life moving on, 10 years ago I was that young girl ambitiously seeking out clients, traveling all over town doing the work. Setting up my table, making sure my hands were warm, making small talk about body issues. I remember feeling excited and nervous at what i might encounter. I loved doing the work and knowing they were going to receive the "best massage on the planet". I never thought to imagine what might be running through their minds. Coming from a completely different side of this story i feel my life completing its circles Now being the receiver, i am the person who gets to be grateful for the hard work and claim to have been given the "best massage ever." I am the one who gets to set up my house so it smells good has fresh flowers, candles and just the perfect music. Im the one who is waiting anticipating a delicious massage. I know this may seem like a simple enough event but to me it is the threshold to a different part of my life, a maturing, a passing of the baton to the younger more ambitious version of me. I get to relax and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain