Namaste

I woke early this morning after a full night of tossing and turning. Feeling sleepy I set up my Cuban coffee maker on the stove. While I waited I had a feeling to move my body so I listened. 
My yoga mat was already laid out on the floor and I stepped on it. My body instinctively knew what to do. I reached my hands to the sky took in a deep breath then lowered my arms exhaling. This felt so good I continued moving this way over and over until the movements became rhythmic and my breathing synchronized.
I moved from a place of intuition, pure allowing, and I was amazed at the strange shapes my body created, bending and twisting extending and contracting. 
Every movement coincided with the breath. I noticed a part of my brain that wanted to judge the movement saying this is not proper yoga. Then a grater part of my self calmed the little voice and assured it that this is in fact the truest yoga around.  
The literal meaning of the Sanskrit word Yoga is 'Yoke'. Yoga can therefore be defined as a means of uniting the individual spirit with the universal spirit of God. 
This was my unique yoga.
After a few minutes of this movement I felt so invigorated that the coffee almost seemed pointless. I drank it any way I love coffee.
Later while sipping my delicious Cuban espresso I thought about how much time I waste trying to get it right. 
I have searched my whole life for the right way to do things. Jumping around from belief system, to philosophies, to ideas, wanting to understand the true path. 
This morning it dawned on me I am already the true path for myself. 
I came to this earth with the most amazing piece of equipment. 
My body. 
My body already has the answers. I’m the one that gets in the way. 
The body is the true path. 
By embracing it and loving it into wholeness, we can tap into abilities that will guide us every step of the way.  
My morning movements connected me to my breath, which connected me to my intuition, which connects me to all of life. 
This New Year I vow to be kind to my body and sit with her and ask her what she wants.
 I vow to acknowledge the knowing that is already present and to move from a place of tender love and care. I will let her be my guide on this earthly journey. 
Somewhere deep inside I hear a cheering crowd saying "welcome home Sariah, this is going to be a great ride".  
 ~Namaste

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Traveling With Mama

Pain