lessons from mom

Lessons form mom. 
As the days and moments of my life blend together, I realize that my original thought patterns were inspired by a loving, gracious human I get to call mom. 
 She came into this planet with a strong desire to understand the nature of god and her role as a woman. Times were very different then and her contrast of aloof parents caused her to search for a greater meaning and understanding of life. 

 As a very young girl she was drawn to religion, she explored many different churches until she found one that worked well for her. 
 The parameters of religious views gave her a platform to stand on and a mindset of a loving god and a trust in the process of life. 
 She raised all of her children in a place of wonder and connection. We learned at an early age that life is so much more than we can see with our eyes.
 Her profound connection to the divine was my inspiration to develop my own love and connection. My life is lived now from a place of absolute trust and knowing that we are all supported in every moment. 

 My mother’s kind heart and love for people was my example into caring for others. She worked her entire life to care for others. This job is one that rarely gets recognition and in many cases is expected from mothers. She played the role beautifully. She did everything she could to help the people around her and even now continues to share love and kindness with many people.

 Most recently I witnessed her kindness as she  cleaned and offered her home grown, fresh delicious fruit to the little children after school. The children all know her by name and love the after school snacks. Some of them come back multiple times and even take home fruit for their families.

 My mother’s determination to make due with what she was given has inspired me to be creative. She was brilliant at making things from scratch. Turning nothing into something, she found ways to use what was already around her and transform it into something useful. She still lives as a creative genius and finds ways to mold, fix, shape, and grow what she needs to live a life of her liking.  

 My mother moved us many times, when we were growing up. Even with limited funds she found a way to show us the country and move our family to new and exciting places. I developed a sense of adventure and a desire to explore the world around me with out limitation. 

 My mom had a passion for learning, she loves understanding her own purpose on this planet and is continually looking for ways to grow from her experiences. I developed a deep passion for learning and understanding because of her example.
 I see now, as time passes, these qualities are my mother’s gift to me. Every day I aspire to be more like her.   

 As a tribute to my mother and her life I wanted to acknowledge her publicly. She has made a wonderful impact on my life and the generations to follow. 
I hope to be able to leave a legacy of love and kindness and wonder and adventure with the amazing people I get to call my children. 

To mothers everywhere, your life, your dedication, your love and commitment is the greatest gift to humanity.

Happy Mothers day~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infinite Possibilities

Pain

Traveling With Mama